October 2001 – Present: Has been an independent consultant and mentor to Higher Educational Institutions and Companies. During this period served as
- Consultant at N.S.Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning, a Technology Incubation facility at IIM, Bangalore ( Feb. 2007 – Oct. 2008)
- Served as Mentor- Consultant to AIMS Entrepreneurship Excellence Centre, AIMS Business School, Bangalore (May 2007 – Dec. 2014)
- Independent Mentor-Director of Indelox Services Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore (Oct.2009 – Present)
- Consultant to Indo Korea Science & Technology Centre (IKST), Bangalore ( 2011 – March 2012 and June 2013 – Jan. 2015)
- Director, IKST (April 2012-May 2013) and Advisor, IKST (Feb. 2015 – Feb.2018)
- Founder-Chairman: IMPACT Foundation (Oct.2015 – Present)
- Advisor, Innovation Centre, Christ University (Jan.2017 – Dec. 2017)
- Distinguished Fellow – Centre for Education and Social Studies (Dec.2017 – Present)
April 1993 – Sept. 2001: Executive director, Clixport India Pvt. Ltd. – an Export Consortium Company with main focus on promoting products of Small and Medium Scale Electronics Industries of Karnataka in the foreign markets. Having found the company along with 4 other professionals, retired from the company after handing over the charge to other 2 promoters.
July 1984 – Mar. 1993: Executive director of U.V.Circuits Pvt. Ltd. Founded this company with another engineer and the company was into manufacturing of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and machines to make PCBs. The company started in a small way with 5 employees and grew to become a 75 employees company with all India sales. Responsible for Marketing, Finance and H.R functions. Exited by selling my shares to the other founder director.
March 1974 – June 1984: Worked as Executive Engineer in the R & D department of Indian Telephone Industries Ltd. a reputed Public Sector Undertaking in the areas of Telemetering and Remote Control. Customers were mainly Indian Railways and Integrated Steel Plants.